• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • As we have now upgraded the main XenForo community, this forum is now being retired. It will remain open in a mostly read only state. Any further feedback, suggestions or bug reports should be posted on the main forum. We will still process the existing bug reports from this forum.

When we approach a stable release, this forum will become inaccessible. If there is any content you wish to save, please do so before then.

Cannot reproduce BBCODE post cache taking ages to update ?

Chris D

XenForo Developer
Staff member
When styles are updated, such as due to template or style property changes, the style last edit date should change, e.g:
Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/css.php?css=public%3Aextra.less&s=1&l=1&d=1487935310" />
The d parameter above is that date.

When you make changes, is that timestamp changing?

yes the d= data parameter changes but the actual bbcode in extra.less doesn't immediately change. Eventually it does though.

Latest change hasn't shown up after 10 minutes yet!

this is what i have in extra.less

Less:
.bbCodebBlock {
    margin: 0.75em 0;
    background: #141414;
    border: 1px solid #e2e2e2;
    border-left: 3px solid #2577b1;
}
.bbCodebBlock-title {
    padding: 6px 10px 0;
    font-size: 13px;
    color: #47a7eb;
    border-bottom: 1px solid;
    margin-bottom: 5px;
}
.bbCodebCode {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0 0 0 10px;
    font-family: Monaco, Menlo, Consolas, 'Roboto Mono', 'Andale Mono', 'Ubuntu Mono', monospace;
    font-size: 13px;
    line-height: 1.4;
    text-align: left;
    direction: ltr;
    white-space: pre;
    position: relative;
    -moz-tab-size: 4;
    tab-size: 4;
    color: #fff;
}

Last edited:

Chris D

XenForo Developer
Staff member
Do you have anything on the server side which may be ignoring query strings?

Do you have similar issues if you change your avatar?

Looks like I need to hit save on extra.less page more than once for changes to take effect

and template history doesn't reflect the 2nd submission

i.e. this edit was done 29 minutes ago and i just re-hit save again for changes to come through

img-2017-02-27-01-26-06-1.png

here's the custom bbcode exported to go along with that extra.less code if you want to reproduce it on your end
XML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<bb_codes>
  <bb_code bb_code_id="codeb" bb_code_mode="replace" has_option="no" trim_lines_after="0" plain_children="1" disable_smilies="1" disable_nl2br="1" disable_autolink="1" allow_empty="0" allow_signature="0" sprite_mode="0" sprite_params_x="0" sprite_params_y="0" title="CODEB">
    <desc><![CDATA[CODE tag with black background on white text]]></desc>
    <example><![CDATA[[CODEB]some code[/CODEB]]]></example>
    <output><![CDATA[]]></output>
    <replace_html><![CDATA[<div class="bbCodebBlock bbCodeBlock--screenLimited bbCodeBlock--code">
  <div class="bbCodebBlock-title">
    Code:
  </div>
  <div class="bbCodeBlock-content">
    <pre class="bbCodebCode" data-xf-init="code-block" data-lang=""><code>{text}</code></pre>
  </div>
</div>]]></replace_html>
    <replace_html_email><![CDATA[]]></replace_html_email>
    <replace_text><![CDATA[]]></replace_text>
  </bb_code>
</bb_codes>

Chris D

XenForo Developer
Staff member
Have you seen any improvement with this since you made this report?

I have just tried it out with your BB code XML and CSS and it works fine with me.

The other factor at play here could be xf_css_cache table. I've tried it with the cache disabled (enable debug mode) and enabled (disabled debug mode) and in all cases it updates immediately.

This leads me to believe it could be something on the server side at play or it's something that we've fixed in the months since your report.

I recommend giving it another try with DP10 and reporting back.